Doing regular check ups of your vehicles can save big on your fuel bills !
Know the importance of regular maintenance of motor vehicles and how it leads to savings of time, energy and money.
Here are some tips to help ensure you run a well-maintained vehicle.
* Do regular checkups to test the quality of engine oil, oil filters, and optimum tyre pressure. If you do this, you will be able to save around 87 litres of petrol a year.
* International studies suggest that replacement of defective filter improves fuel consumption by around 10%, which translates to around 208 litres of petrol a year.
* Changing defective filters will also reduce production of nitrogen by 10% and organic byproduct gases by 20%.
* Keeping recommended tyre pressure improves petrol consumption by around 3%, which means savings of up to 68 litres of petrol a year.
* When it comes to replacing brakes, customers should look for four warning indicators, including vibration when applying brakes, brake pedal going down beyond reasonable level, vehicle moving to any side when pressing the brake pedal, and brake producing strange sounds when applied.
* Vehicle owners should always keep an eye on the dashboard’s warning lights, in particular those for the battery, oil level, airbags, and the anti-lock braking system (ABS), the engine, brakes and tyre pressure.
* For monthly maintenance, make sure the headlights and rear lights are working properly as well as the brake lights and the indicators. Oils and liquids in the engine compartment should be also checked regularly in addition to the windshield washer reservoir.
If you have more tips then do share in comments below.
Drive Safe…Be Safe!